Volunteer for a Committee
Would you like to volunteer to be on a MassRecycle committee? Member participation in MassRecycle committees is vital to the growth and development of the organization. We have big plans for 2022 and need your help!
Participation in committees is limited to MassRecycle Members in good standing. Below is a list of our active committees as of summer 2021. If you are interesting in joining a committee, please fill out the form below.
Current Members: Waneta Trabert, City of Newton, Jesse Angelo, MassRecycle & Jessica Wozniak, MassRecycle
- The goals of this committee is to increase MassRecycle memberships and to continuously build value in our membership benefits.
- Since the Committee begin in early 2021, we have increased membership benefits, including providing our paying members a complementary National Recycling Council membership.
- The committee meets once a month.
Current Members: Gretchen Carey, Republic Services; Rob Gogan, zero waste volunteer; Rob Vandenabeele, EcoFriendlyBeer.com; & Vince Allo, Casella
- The goal of the Podcast Committee is to record and broadcast audio interviews with materials management professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- With the generous support of Burlington Cable Access TV and Covanta, we have recorded and produced over two dozen podcasts as of June 2021. Topics include organics management, plastics recycling, keeping trash out of storm water, and local solutions to recycling challenges.
- Using Spotify and iTunes, we have offered free podcasts at no cost to anyone with internet access.
- If you have suggestions for who else we should interview, please let anyone on the committee know.
- The Podcast Committee meets the 4th Tuesday of the month, 2 pm to 3 pm
Professional Development Committee
Current Members: John (Jed) Lindholm, Wachusetts Earthday; Abbey Massaro, CET; Taylor Millspaugh, CMRK; Stan Walczak, Resource Waste Solutions; Gunther Wellenstein, City of Haverhill; Jessica Wozniak, MassRecycle; Charles Tyler, Town of Sherborn; Taylor Millspaugh, CMRK; Susan Waite, MassDEP; Gail Garron Bernard, MassDEP
- The goal of the PDC is to provide professional direction to MassRecycle members and users of MassRecycle services on career related topics that are focused on environmental sustainability.
- Activities of our committee include:
- Updating a career handbook for people working in recycling and sustainability fields. The committee plans to maintain it, as well as, continuously update it.
- Networking with MA Municipal governments on professional opportunities for people interested in advancing and promoting recycling programs.
- The Committee is currently working with SWANA to develop a “book club” like series to study, learn, network and certify together for a SWANA e-course.
- The Committee is also investigating designing a mentoring program.
- The remaining 2022 meeting dates are June 29, August 10, September 21 and November 2 (all at 10 am)
Current Members: Stan Walczak, Resource Waste Solutions; Rob Gogan, zero waste volunteer; Michael Orr, City of Cambridge; and Erin Banfield, Casella
- The goal of the Tour Committee is to coordinate and promote tours across Massachusetts. Tours can include anything from recycling facilities to reuse operations.
- The first tour coordinated by the committee was to the Boston Area Gleaners at their new home at Stonefield Farm in Acton on a beautiful October afternoon.
- The Tour Committee meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month, 2 pm to 3 pm