Volunteer for a Committee
Would you like to volunteer to be on a MassRecycle committee? Member participation in MassRecycle committees is vital to the growth and development of the organization. We have big plans for 2022 and need your help!
Participation in committees is limited to MassRecycle Members in good standing. Below is a list of our active committees as of summer 2021. If you are interesting in joining a committee, please fill out the form below.
Current Members: Waneta Trabert, City of Newton & Jessica Wozniak, MassRecycle
- The goals of this committee is to increase MassRecycle memberships and to continuously build value in our membership benefits.
- Since the Committee begin in early 2021, we have increased membership benefits, including providing our paying members a complementary National Recycling Council membership.
- The committee meets once a month.
Current Members: Gretchen Carey, Republic Services; Rob Gogan, zero waste volunteer; Abbey Massaro, CET & Waneta Trabert, City of Newton
- The goal of the Podcast Committee is to record and broadcast audio interviews with materials management professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- With the generous support of Burlington Cable Access TV and Covanta, we have recorded and produced over two dozen podcasts as of June 2021. Topics include organics management, plastics recycling, keeping trash out of storm water, and local solutions to recycling challenges.
- Using Spotify and iTunes, we have offered free podcasts at no cost to anyone with internet access.
- If you have suggestions for who else we should interview, please let anyone on the committee know.
Professional Development Committee
Current Members: Cheryl Greenwald, Harvard University; John (Jed) Lindholm, Wachusetts Earthday; Abbey Massaro, CET; Tom Segear, Town of Brookline; Stan Walczak, Resource Waste Solutions; & Gunther Wellenstein, City of Haverhill
- The goal of the PDC is to provide professional direction to MassRecycle members and users of MassRecycle services on career related topics that are focused on environmental sustainability.
- Activities of our committee include:
- Updating a career handbook for people working in recycling and sustainability fields.
- Networking with MA Municipal governments on professional opportunities for people interested in advancing and promoting recycling programs.
- Establishing and developing industrial contacts of people working in recycling and sustainable roles.
- Becoming a Center of Expertise and Collaboration for cities, towns, and organizations working toward improving their professional knowledge in recycling and sustainability.