MassRecycle is soliciting nominations for the 26th Annual Recycling Awards that recognize outstanding achievements in and contributions towards recycling, reuse, and waste reduction in Massachusetts. Awards will be presented in the fall of 2021 at a location, date, time to be determined.
How to Apply:
Online Nomination Instructions & Application | Printable Nominations Instructions & Application
Fill out the nomination application by September 1, 2021. No exceptions! Nominations must adhere to the word and attachment limits. MassRecycle reserves the right to completely disqualify a nomination or disregard materials that fail to meet the stated guidelines or that are submitted after September 1, 2021.
- Individual – Presented to an individual who deserves special recognition for contributing to recycling, reuse and/or waste reduction in Massachusetts through leadership, sharing knowledge with others, or other avenues.
- Municipal – Presented to a municipality that has developed an outstanding municipal recycling program. Recycling Dividends Program metrics encouraged. Innovation, leadership and/or overcoming political obstacles highly weighted.
- Institution/University – Presented to an employee, student, educational, healthcare, government, nonprofit, or other organization or facility that has developed and is operating an outstanding recycling, reuse and/or waste reduction program.
- Business – Presented to a traditional business that has developed and operates an outstanding recycling/waste reduction program that increases recycling and/or reduces waste generated by their business.
- Public Servant – Presented to a politician or government official that has demonstrated great leadership in pushing forward waste reduction, reuse and recycling in the Commonwealth through implementation of innovative programs or legislation.
In 2020, the award were presented virtually at the 2020 MassRecycle Conference in October.
Lifetime Commitment Awards were also given to:
- Julie Rose, City of Salem
- Phil Goddard, Town of Bourne
- Sharon Kishida, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Meg Morris, former MassRecycle Board Member & retired from Covanta
- Rob Gogan, Harvard University
Check out the 2019 Awards Celebration at the Fall Social, held at the New England Aquarium.